Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Obama To Jews: Ich Nisht Bin Ein Muslim!

“I am not a Muslim and I never have been. I never studied at a Madrassa and I have never sworn on the Koran. I am committed to Christianity.”
Barack Obama


And to think that when they started comparing Obama to Kennedy, I didn't take them seriously.

Allison Kaplan Sommer looks at Obama's first personal appearance in front of a group of 100 Jewish leaders in Cleveland, in an effort to allay their fears.
Instead, some of his statements in the forum raised concerns, notably when he was quoted as saying
“I think there is a strain within the pro-Israel community that says unless you adopt an unwavering pro-Likud approach to Israel, then you’re anti-Israel, and that can’t be the measure of our friendship with Israel… If we cannot have an honest dialogue about how do we achieve these goals, then we’re not going to make progress.”
Now, Obama has an interview with Yediot Aharonot. The full interview will come out at the end of the week, but in the meantime, Sommer has a translation of 3 questions with Obama's responses.

We assume Obamas will not make the same mistake twice.

Read the whole thing.

Crossposted on Soccer Dad

Technorati Tag: .

No comments: